Job Number: GG116534927
Pay Rate: 25.00
Midland Client is looking for a Lab TechnicianFull Job DescriptionJob purposeThis position requires running several analyses on blended products and customer samples. The main purpose of this position is to ensure Quality Control of our raw and outgoing finished products and take on several oilfield samples analyses. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for receiving, labeling, and analyzing samples. The lab technician will execute technical laboratory activities in support of technical platform development. This is an entry level professional position in which the employee demonstrates the ability to apply basic chemistry principles, theories, and concepts to assignments where precedents typically exist. Develops solutions to problems of limited scope and complexity using basic scientific knowledge. Contributes to the research and development of differentiated technology, products, processes, and systems. The position will require a good deal of mobility. Be able to lift 50lbs. Be able to stand most of the time. Qualifications
Working conditionsThe lab is open 7 days a week from 5am-7pm. The lab handles flammable and corrosive materials. This position is for day shift (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm) and might include nights, weekends, and holidays (days are subject to change).
- High school diploma or GED required for this role
- Bachelor's (Preferred) in Chemistry or Biology preferred. Previous lab experience in the Production Chemical industry is a huge plus.
- 2+ years of prior experience working in a laboratory environment is a plus
- Chemical manufacturing processes: 0-1 year
- Prior Industry experience preferred
- Experience applying principles of scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, analyze potential solutions, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated success in working on complex, multi-function project teams
- Excellent people and team building skills, interacting with a wide range of individuals and grade levels.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly articulate technical subject matter
- Ability to create innovative solutions toward key application issues for the business
- Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Data Input experience is a plus. Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and deadline driven. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. An individual who can work independently with little to no supervision will be highly successful.
- A solid understanding and respect for HSE guidelines is a must.